Saturday, May 23, 2015

Scanner

So I was fortunate enough to be one of the people selected to use the Neilson Consumer Panel scanner. I have it as long as I want it and am just required to scan what I purchase and upload it to be awarded points toward rewards and entered into drawings for prizes. The first couple weeks were a pain, remembering to scan, having the receipt handy, knowing what coupons and for how much on some items, etc. But now it's second nature and I've been racking up the points. I'd especially enjoy winning the drawing on having my shopping trip paid for but baby steps till then.

Another note on being cheap is sometimes just being cheap. I really like Smiths and I thought it was so great they had these Psst items that were half the price of the name brands, but ugh. Let's just say that unless you only have a couple bucks and desperately need the item right then, do not bother. My feedback on the following items:


  1. Cheese-Yuck. It doesn't taste funky but when you try to use it for a grilled cheese, the cheese doesn't really melt but some of the color comes off on the bread making it look like you have toast with mustard and plastic cheese-do Not bother.
  2. Garlic salt-not as strong as the other brands and I LOVE garlic salt, so no on this one.
  3. Toilet paper-Yikes! Single ply paper thin like you find in the stalls at the library. You have to use 4 times as much to get the job done.
  4. Paper towels-also too thin and less absorbent. If you're using twice the amount for spills or in my case, child potty accidents or cat puke, well you're basically not saving money-spend a couple dollars more to have it go further.
  5. Paper plates-again. Less is just less. You use more than one to support your food instead of buying a stronger brand and just using one at a time.

That's all for now-happy Memorial Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment